7.08.2010

On the Road ... Again

I don't even know how many days we've spent away from home this summer, and still it continues. We're currently in Utah staying with Scott's family for a few days before heading out on our annual river trip down the South Fork of the Boise River. 

I figured before I post about that (if I actually ever get around to it) I should probably (finally!) upload posts from our day float a few weeks ago.

We got a sitter for Abram and took Henry and Ruby for a short float down the Gallatin River near our house.

The Launch (I sure hope this craft is seaworthy):


Starting off the float like any respectable person does: with lunch and cold Diet Coke.


"It's a helluva day at sea, Sir!" (Name that movie)


 She was a little nervous at first and clutched my knee for the first half of the trip:


 Reaction to the first small set of rapids:


Ruby finally loosened up with the help of some not-so-liquid courage. We discovered her artificial courage comes in the shape of an Oreo:
 (She was saying, "MORE!")



 Poor kids:


My turn at the helm. Don't mean to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal:


Wish us luck on our next adventure -- the kids are staying home as the water gets MUCH bigger. Cross your fingers no one flips their boat!

3 comments:

allison said...

Overboard! If you are still at Scott's parents' house - give me a call!
-duck

Angie Williams said...

I found your blog off Kate and Becca's blog. If you want to be added to mine, leave me your email :) It was fun to see you guys! Hope things are going well.

. said...

of course it's Overboard. Classic quote! Your family is so cute.