7.22.2007

Houston, We Have Landed ... Almost



We'd like to announce the arrival of Flight Potty Training 101. We officially started potty-training Henry this week and so far he's doing really well. We only had three accidents the first day, one the second day, and no accidents at all on days 3 and 4. Woo hoo! I'm actually quite surprised he's doing this well. I guess it does pay off to expect the worst. The only hang up we have is when it comes to the "serious business." We have yet to cross that bridge in four days of potty training so I'm hoping he can catch on to that one sooner rather than later. But he loves wearing his Lightning McQueen undies and tells us when he has to go and takes off running to the bathroom. He constantly quotes his cousin Kate by saying, "I'm big!" I think the key for us was waiting long enough for him to really care and to buy into the idea that this makes him a big boy. Now, if we can only master the serious business, we will be super happy campers up here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish owen would take to it. he just peed his pants for 3 days straight.

Adrienne said...

cels, could these photos be any cuter? Little girl panties are so cute, but boy "undies" are cute in a dorky, sort of pathetic way. Little Hennies is so cute and proud of himself it just kills me. Good for him.....

ali said...

I am not looking forward to crossing this bridge. Two kids in diapers is already haunting me!

Sara Decker said...

So, am i allowed to comment on your blog if I'm Adrienne's best friend? She told me about your potty training and i thought i would see how it is going? Bennett my little boy (i'm sure you have heard all about his craziness)finally figured out how to do the "serious business". What about Henry? Has he figured that out yet? Let me know how it is going for you. We are three weeks in and finally i feel good about it. We now just have to conquer the night time problem!